Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Crepes continue....

So, I'm back from church, where I love that I can sing loud and bad and no one says to "wouldn't you like to hear the artist singing rather than yourself?"
So here's how the crepes turned out....AWESOME! I'm so impressed. I can't wait to actually go to France and try the real deal!! Only somewhere between 500 and 600 sleeps to go!!
Anyway, I took photos, and here how it all turned out....
These are the ingredients I used.
My eggs before I started mixing "slowly, slowly" as the French man said on Food Safari!

Cooking on the stove


Soaking in the suzette butter



Ready to eat...Yum yum!! Because we don't have a gas flame, I couldn't do the 'flaming' that he did to caramelise the butter into sauce, so I cooked mine on high to try to caramelise the butter that way. It made the crepes a little crispy, but I really liked them like that. And, it took away the real 'buttery' taste!
So they were really easy, and really yummy. what more could I ask for? Give them a go. My crepe pan was $13 from House and Garden. So it's not a big investment. Just try!!





5 comments:

  1. buy a crepe maker or borrow your fathers it is quicker

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take a lot of time...and 'makers' never work for me. Besides, I love my little french crepe pan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Crepe makers never work that well. Besides, why do we always have to get the latest cooking appliance when it is more than likely going to sit there and gather dust. You may as well buy the pre-made crepe mix as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually not seen a crepe maker. But, unless they mix the batter, bake the suzette butter, and then make the crepe, I can't see how much more helpful than a crepe pan they would be. This was actually not very difficult, and I got to come and start a blog while I let the batter rest! What more could I ask for?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was *make* not *bake* the suzette butter!

    ReplyDelete