Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Today I made chocolate peanut butter fudge. Not the sort that you cut up into little squares. The sort you pour over banana splits. I've never made fudge before. I don't know why, it was extremely easy. I got the idea from Will, who decided we should have fudge sundaes. Remembering that I had a fudge recipe in a Nigella book, I went searching. The one in her 'express' book had peanut butter in it, I figured we'd try that (I generally don't like to change a recipe until I've tried it correctly first).
The recipe and photos of Nigella's version are here: http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=94
The recipe calls for:
175ml of double cream, 100g milk chocolate, chopped, 100g smooth peanut butter and 3 Tablespoons golden syrup.
All go in the saucepan, where you melt it, stirring occasionally, until it's a sauce.
How easy is that??!!


We got out the bananas and icecream.....and viola.....banana splits with chocolate peanut butter fudge.

I'll admit, mine was eaten a little quickly for someone who'd just had a big lunch, but it was yummy!! Charlie seemed to agree, though Will wants his without the peanut butter next time. It's so easy to make, I'm sure we'll do a batch his way again before the holidays are through. So off you go, get off the computer and give it a go! And please, let me know how you go!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is AMAZING!!! All readers make it now, you will be ever more thankful to Kristy for sharing this recipe!!! I can't stop eating it straight from the jar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I OD'ed again last night!! Too good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks divine! Can I order banana splits with choc peanut butter fudge next time we visit!!! Kristy W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you may. I need only 5 minutes notice to make it!! Oh, and 5 mins to get down the shop if I have no cream!!

    ReplyDelete