Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Control freak, or just organised??

I've been listening to audio books for a couple of months now. I love them, because I hardly get time to read anymore, and I spend alot of time in the car. So this solves the problem of car boredom, and never reading a new book! After a spate of books about moving to Italy and eating some seriously awesome food, I'm now onto regular novels. The latest one I've started to 'read' is called "Warnings of Gales" by Annie Sanders. I'm only on disc 2 at the moment, but it's not bad. When I read the back, it stated that one of the characters, Imogen, is a control freak. So here I was, ready to ridicule her. I start listening, and it turns out that she just likes to write lists, read maps before she goes somewhere so she doesn't get lost, make sure everyone is fed well and on time, and likes her kids to mind their manners and be in bed on time. What's wrong with that??!!
After listening for a little while yesterday, I took Will to a friends place for a day of play. While chatting to 'friends' mum, we were talking about the fact that I had my kids while at uni. I mentioned that Will was born in between semester 1 and 2 of first year, and that Charlie was born in the Christmas holidays at the end of 4th year (I took 5 years with littlies). She mentioned that I was lucky with my timing, to which I stated that I had actually timed them that way. I had timed it all out so that I wouldn't miss much uni (I had to do 2 exams under special conditions). Is this controlling? Or just organised?
So then, last night I asked Mark if I was controlling. There was a nervous grin and a 'why?' That was all the answer I needed!! Just because I like my lists (for everything), I want things done my way and in my timing and I get a little cross if it doesn't all work out, that doesn't make me controlling. Just loving and organised!!
Anyway, I'd better get back to my morning list of things to do. Including starting lunches for the term!

No comments:

Post a Comment